Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Hannah





So here is my baby. I'm returning to work tomorrow and am sad to be leaving her. Brian pointed out that even though I had 3 months with Maddie I worked a far busier schedule. Still, it is hard. For those of you who don't know, I had a very rare tumor removed at the time of Hannah's birth. The majority of my maternity leave was thus spent going from doctors office to doctors office, getting second opinions, anxiously awaiting lab results, undergoing CT scans... For anyone who has gone through something similar I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Suffice it to say though that all is well. Labs are normal, the CT scan was negative, and the tumor is now a thing of the past. As one of my physicians put it, "Although anxiety provoking, over time this will fade into the background of your life". Still, I wish I could have my time back with Hannah, those quiet, reflective moments you are supposed to have with your baby.

I'm a planner and have always had an eye toward the future - but to a fault. This has been a learning experience and will continue to be, I'm sure. Nothing changes overnight. But, I really understand the importance of living in the Now. I have the most amazing friends and family. I hope you know how much you are all appreciated. Brian - you are my rock. Your sense of humor will get us through anything :)

On a lighter note, I contemplated putting Hannah's feet on the Halloween post. Check those babies out! They are scary - even bigger than Maddie's when she was born.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Great photos, Shara. And we're glad to hear that everything turned out okay.